· BSc in Applied Math: China U. of Elec. Sci. and Tech.,1983
· MSc in Applied Math: Beijing Normal University, 1986
· PhD in Applied Math: Beijing Normal University, 1989
· PhD in Computer Science: University of British Columbia, 1994
· Currently, I am working with students and collaborators on structure learning for deep models, Bayesian deep learning, multidimensional clustering and deep models for recommender systems, word embedding, NLP, hierarchical topic detection, patient clustering and classification for traditional Chinese medicine.
· In general, I am interested in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Probabilistic Graphical Models, Model-Based Clustering, Reasoning and Decision under Uncertainty.
· Associate Editor:
· Artificial Intelligence Journal, 01/2017 –
· International Journal of Approximate Reasoning (IJAR) , 7/2005 -.
· Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR), 10/2002 -8/2005.
· Member of Editorial Board:
· Artificial Intelligence Journal, 01/2015 – 12/2016.
· Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR), 10/1999 - 9/2002.
· International Journal of Approximate Reasoning (IJAR), 2003-20004.
· Member of the Association of Uncertainty in AI Council, 2014 -
· Member of Advisory Board: Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR), 10/2005 -12/2011
· Chair/Co-Chair: "Omics" and Data Analysis in TCM Research, CGCM 2014, 2016, 2018.
· .... more