Ming WEN (文明)
Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Office: Room 3663, Near Lift 31/32
Email: mwenaa [-AT-] cse.ust.hk
I have obtained my PhD in March 2019. I am on the job market now.
[My Curriculum Vitae]
I have completed my PhD Thesis Defense successfully in March 2019 from the department of Computer Science and Engineering of the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. During my PhD studies, I was honored and fortunate to be supervised by Prof. Shing-Chi CHEUNG in the CASTLE group. I also had an unforgettable visiting experience at UC, Davis under the supervision of Prof. Zhendong Su. My research interests mainly focus on program analysis, mining software changes, fault localization and program repair.
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Sep, 2014 - Mar, 2019
Ph.D., Computer Science, Supervised by Prof. Shing-Chi CHEUNG
Top Research Post-Graduate Award and School of Engineering (SENG) PhD Fellowship Award.
PhD Thesis: Utilizing Code Change Information for Better Automated Debugging (to appear)
Zhejiang University Sep, 2010 - Jun, 2014
B.A., Computer Science and Technology (Major)
B.A., Industrial Design (Dual Major)
Graduated as Outstanding Students in Both the University and Zhejiang Province.
Publications (Google Scholar)
- [EASE’19] Attention Please: Consider Mockito when valuating Newly Proposed Automated Program Repair Techniques.
Shangwen Wang, Ming Wen, Xiaoguang Mao, Deheng Yang
In the Conference of Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE), To Appear, 2019
- [ICSE’19] Exposing Library API Misuses via Mutation Analysis.
Ming Wen, Yepang Liu, Rongxin Wu, Xuan Xie, Shing-Chi Cheung and Zhendong Su
In the International Conference on Software Engineering, Technical Research Paper, To Appear, 2019 (Acceptance ratio 20.6%=109/529)
- [ICSE’19] Can I Have a Stack Trace to Examine the Dependency Conflict Issue?
Ying Wang, Ming Wen, Rongxin Wu, Zhenwei Liu, Shin Hwei Tan, Zhiliang Zhu, Hai Yu and Shing-Chi Cheung
In International Conference on Software Engineering, Technical Research Paper, To Appear, 2019 (Acceptance ratio 20.6%=109/529)
- [TSE’18] How Well Do Change Sequences Predict Defects? Sequence Learning from Software Changes.
Ming Wen, Rongxin Wu, Shing-Chi Cheung
In Transactions of Software Engineering, To Appear, 2018
- [ESEC/FSE’18] Do the Dependency Conflicts in My Project Matter?
Ying Wang, Ming Wen, Zhenwei Liu, Rongxin Wu, Rui Wang, Bo Yang, Hai Yu, Zhiliang Zhu and Shing-Chi Cheung
In The ACM Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering, Technical Research Paper, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, 4 Nov - 9 Nov 2018. (Acceptance ratio 18.6%=55/295)
- [ICSE’18] Context-Aware Patch Generation for Better Automated Program Repair.
Ming Wen, Junjie Chen, Rongxin Wu, Dan Hao and Shing-Chi Cheung
In the International Conference on Software Engineering, Technical Research Paper, May 27 - 3 June 2018. (Acceptance ratio 20.9%=105/502)
- [EmSE’17] ChangeLocator: Locate Crash-Inducing Changes Based on Crash Reports.
Rongxin Wu, Ming Wen, Shing-Chi Cheung, and Hongyu Zhang
In Empirical Software Engineering, 2017
- [ASE’16] Locus: Locating Bugs from Software Changes.
Ming Wen, Rongxin Wu and Shing-Chi Cheung
In the Proceedings of the 31st IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, Technical Research Paper, Singapore, 3 Sep - 7 Sep, 2016, 262-273 (Acceptance ratio 19.1%=57/298) [Slides][Dataset][Prototype]
- [SANER’14] An Empirical Study of Bug Report Field Reassignment.
Xin Xia, David Lo, Ming Wen, Emad Shihab and Bo Zhou
In the Joint Meeting of the 18th European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering and the 21st Working Conference on Reverse Engineering. IEEE, 2014, 174-183.
- COMP3021 Java Programming, Fall 2016. Teaching Assistant.
- COMP1022Q Introduction to Computing with Excel VBA, Spring 2016. Teaching Assistant.
- COMP2011 Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming, Fall 2015. Teaching Assistant.
- COMP3021 Java Programming, Spring 2015. Teaching Assistant.
- Reviewer of Transaction of Software Engineering, 2018
- Reviewer of Empirical Software Engineering, 2018
- Reviewer of ACM Transaction of Software Engineering and Methodology, 2018
- Reviewer of IEEE Transaction on Reliability, 2018
- External Reviewer of International Conference on Software Engineering, 2017
- Student Volunteer, FSE 2014 , Hong Kong
Honors and Awards
- Postgraduate Studentship, CSE HKUST, Annually (September 2014-Current).
- Top Research Post-Graduate Award, SENG HKUST, July 2018.
- School of Engineering (SENG) PhD Fellowship Award, SENG HKUST, 2014-2015.
- Excellent Certificate of Stars of Tomorrow Internship Program, Microsoft Research Asia, September 2014.
- Outstanding Graduates of Zhejiang University, Zhejiang University, June 2014.
- National Scholarship, Ministry of Education of The People's Republic of China, October 2013.
- First-Class Scholarship for Outstanding Students, Zhejiang University, December 2012.
- Excellent Student Awards, Zhejiang University, December 2012.
- Outstanding Student Leader Awards, Zhejiang University, December 2012.
I love taking photos, and you can find some of my photos on Instagram.