I am a PhD student at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Computer Science and Engineering, supervised by Prof.
Before joining HKUST, I was working in Online Game Department,
NetEase, one of the largest internet technology companies in China. I obtained my master degree from Tsinghua University in 2012, supervised by Prof. Li Chen, and bachelor degree from Wuhan University in 2009, and got another bachelor degree in English Literature from School of Foreign Language at Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
My research focueses on data visualization, visual analytics, and human-computer interaction.
- Quan Li, Qiaomu Shen, Yao Ming, Peng Xu, Yun Wang, Xiaojuan Ma, and Huamin Qu. A Visual Analytics Approach for Understanding Egocentric Intimacy Network Evolution and Impact Propagation in MMORPGs. Proceedings of IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium (PacificVis 2017)(To appear), Seoul, South Korea, April 18-21, 2017.
- Yun Wang, Zhutian Chen, Quan Li, Xiaojuan Ma, Qiong Luo, Huamin Qu. Animated Narrative Visualization for Video Clickstream Data, Proceeding of SIGGRAPH ASIA 2016 Symposium on Visualization, Article No. 11, Macau, December 05 - 08, 2016.
- Quan Li, Peng Xu, Yeuk Yin Chan, Yun Wang, Zhipeng Wang, Huamin Qu, and Xiaojuan Ma. A Visual Analytics Approach for Understanding Reasons behind Snowballing and Comeback in MOBA Games, in IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG) , vol.PP, no.99, pp.1-1, doi: 10.1109/TVCG.2016.2598415.
Quan Li, Peng Xu, and Huamin Qu.
FPSSeer: Visual Analysis of Game Frame Rate Data, IEEE Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST), 2015, Chicago, USA, Oct 25-30, 2015. [video]
Quan Li, and Huamin Qu.
Visual Analysis of FPS Gameplay Data: From Game Design to Player Behavior, the 22nd Pacific Conference on Computer Graphics and Applications (Pacific Graphics 2014), Seoul, South Korea, Oct 8-10,
2014. (accepted as short paper).
Quan Li, and Huamin Qu.
Visual Analysis of FPS Gameplay Data: From Game Design to Bug Fixes. Proceedings of IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium (PacificVis 2014), pages 330-334, (accepted as Poster Paper), Yokohama, Japan, Mar. 4-7, 2014.
Quan Li, Li Chen, Junhai Yong, Huamin Qu, Robert Wang, Detan Si,
Visual Analysis of Retweeting Propagation Network in a Microblogging Platform, Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Visual Information Communication and Interaction (VINCI' 13), Pages 44-53.
Quan Li, Li Chen, Hongsen Liao, Junhai Yong,
PatternTrack: A Visual Pattern Detection Technique for Multidimensional Data. Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Computer Science and Service System (CSSS' 12), Pages 1360-1365.
- Yi Peng, Li Chen, Quan Li, Zhu Zhu, Jie Dong, and Junhai Yong, MPVR: a multi-perspective visual retrieval toolkit for multi-dimensional data, Proceedings of the 12th ACMSIGGRAPH International Conference on Virtual-Reality Continuum and Its Applications in Industry (VRCAI' 13), Pages 265-274.
- Zhiwei Lin, Quan Li, Li Chen, An Open Framework for 3D Craniofacial Visualization System, 2011 4th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI), (Volume: 1 Page(s): 113-117).
- Internship at Department of Technology Architecture, WeChat, Tencent, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, 6th, June - Present
- Lab member at WeChat-HKUST Joint Lab on Artificial Intelligence Technology (WHAT Lab)
- Employee in Online Game Division, NetEase, Inc. Guangzhou & Hangzhou, China, 18th, July, 2012 - 28th, July, 2015
- Software Developer internship at Information & System Department, Sina Weibo, Sina Inc., Beijing, China, July, 2011 - Sep, 2011
- Software Developer internship at School of Journalism and Communication, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- Teaching Assistant of Prof. Hao Fan, Object-Oriented Programming (NO. 801124) at Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
- Teaching Assistnat of Prof. Hao Gui, Compiling Principles (NO. 800024) at Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Social Works & Volunteer Jobs
- Chief Technical Director, Pingic Factory: A startup focusing on new media images, 3D videomapping, hologram, interactive devices, data visualization, etc.
- THEMOONLIGHTBOX, Leader, Design Thinking, A HKUST joint course in collaboration with the China Academy of Art (CAA), one of the most influential academies of fine arts in China.
- IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 2016
- The ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems
- IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium 2017
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- TA Coordinator of Department of Computer Science and Technology, HKUST
- Invited speaker for Social Influence in Networks, Satellite Symposium of NetSci 2017, Indianapolis, Indiana, 19th June, 2017
- Invited speaker for the 2nd Alibaba's Open Data Day Seminar, Hangzhou, Zhejiang
- Instructor for the 1st online practical course on data visualization held by Data Union
- Invited speaker for the visualization seminar, Zhejiang University
- Visualization Summer School, Key Laboratory of Machine Perception of Peking University and Microsoft Research Asia, Beijing, P.R.China
- Minister of the Department of Publicity at the School of Software, Tsinghua University
- Captain of Centennial English Commentary Team of Tsinghua University
- Team member of Xi'an Social Practice in High-Technology Business and Xiamen Social Practice in Software Business
- Student Journalist of Wuhan University Newspaper
- Minister of the Department of Publicity at the International School of Software
Awards & Scholarship
- SENG PhD Fellowship 2015 - 2016, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- National Scholarship, Minister of Education in the academic year of 2006 and 2007
- Outstanding Graduates of Colleges and Universities at Beijing, 2012
- Outstanding Master Thesis of Tsinghua University, 2012
- Tsinghua University Outstanding Graduates, 2012
- Wuhan University Outstanding Graduates, 2009
- Outstanding Bachelor Thesis of Wuhan University, Outstanding Bachelor Thesis of Hubei Province, 2009
- China Hewlett-Packard (HP) Outstanding Student Scholarship, 2008
- 1st Prize on Essay Competition sponsored by the Embassy of Ireland, 2010-2011
- 1st Class Scholarship of Tsinghua Research in Motion Wireless Research, 2010-2011
- 2nd Tsinghua University Graduate Scholarship, 2009-2010
- Outstanding Graduates Party Branch Secretary of Tsinghua University, 2011
- Excellent Student of Wuhan University for three times, 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008
- 1st Class Student Scholarship for three times, 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008
- Huang ZhangRen Special Scholarship, 2005-2006