Yongqiang TIAN (田永强)
HKUST Email: ytianas [-AT-] connect.ust.hk
UWaterloo Email: yongqiang.tian [-AT-] uwaterloo.ca
Currently, I am a Ph.D. candidate of Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST). My supervisor at HKUST is Prof. Shing-Chi CHEUNG in the CASTLE group.
My research interest is in Deep Learning System Testing.
- May, 2021: My paper is accepted by EMSE: To What Extent Do DNN-based Image Classification Models Make Unreliable Inferences?
- May, 2021: One paper is accepted by FSE'21: A Comprehensive Study of Deep Learning Compiler Bugs
- Apr, 2021: One paper is accepted by ISSTA'21: AdvDoor: Adversarial Backdoor Attack of Deep Learning System
- Feb, 2020: Our tool, EvalDNN is accepted by ICSE tool demo track. Project website, Demo video.
- I am maintaining a GitHub repo called "awesome-ml-testing" as a collection of material in testing machine/deep learning systems, including tools, papers, talks and so on. Please feel free to add new entry!
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Sep, 2017 - Now
University of Waterloo, Canada Sep, 2020 - Now
Dual Ph.D. Program, Computer Science.
Supervised by Prof. Shing-Chi CHEUNG and Prof. Chengnian SUN
City University of Hong Kong Sep, 2013 - Jul, 2017
B.Eng. in Information Engineering (First Class Hornors)
University College London, United Kingdom Sep, 2015 - Dec, 2015
Affiliate/Exchange Student in Department of Computer Science
National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan July, 2015 - Aug, 2015
Summer Exchange Student
Publications (Google Scholar)
To What Extent Do DNN-based Image Classification Models Make Unreliable Inferences?.
Yongqiang Tian, Shiqing Ma, Ming Wen, Yepang Liu, Shing-Chi Cheung, Xiangyu Zhang
in Empirical Software Engineering to Appear, 2021. [Paper] [Website]
A Comprehensive Study of Deep Learning Compiler Bugs.
Qingchao Shen, Haoyang Ma, Junjie Chen, Yongqiang Tian, Shing-Chi Cheung, Xiang Chen
in The ACM Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE), to Appear, 2021 (Acceptance ratio 24.5%=97/396)
AdvDoor: Adversarial Backdoor Attack of Deep Learning System.
Quan Zhang, Yifeng Ding, Yongqiang Tian, Jianmin Guo, Min Yuan, Yu Jiang
in ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA), to Appear, 2021 (Acceptance ratio 21.9%=51/233)
- [ICSE'20 Demo]
EvalDNN: A Toolbox for Evaluating Deep Neural Network Models.
Yongqiang TIAN, Zhihua Zeng, Ming Wen, Yepang Liu, Tzu-yang Kuo, Shing-Chi Cheung
in The 42nd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2020 Demos), to Appear, 2020
Project website, Demo video.
Historical Spectrum based Fault Localization.
Ming Wen, Junjie Chen, Yongqiang TIAN, Rongxin Wu, Dan Hao, Shi Han, Shing-Chi Cheung
in Transactions of Software Engineering, to Appear, 2020
Testing Deep Learning Models for Image Analysis Using Object-Relevant Metamorphic
Yongqiang TIAN, Shiqiang Ma, Ming Wen, Yepang Liu, Shing-Chi Cheung, Xiangyu Zhang.
P.S. A later version is accepted by EMSE in 2021.
Exploring and Exploiting the Correlations between Bug-Inducing and Bug-Fixing
Ming Wen, Rongxin Wu, Yepang Liu, Yongqiang Tian, Xuan Xie, Shing-Chi Cheung and Zhendong Su
In The ACM Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering, Technical Research Paper, Tallinn, Estonia, To Appear, 2019 (Acceptance ratio 24.4%=74/303)
- [CAN Workshop’17]
Unveiling Performance of NFV Software Dataplanes..
Zhixiong Niu, Hong Xu, Libin Liu, Yongqiang Tian, Peng Wang, Zhenhua Li.
CAN Workshop, co-located with ACM CoNEXT’ 17. Incheon, Republic of Korea. Dec, 2017.
- [IEEE Sarnoff Symposium’16]
Kuijia: Traffic rescaling in data center WANs. .
Che Zhang, Hong Xu, Libin Liu, Zhixiong Niu, Peng Wang, Yongqiang Tian, Chengchen Hu.
37th IEEE Sarnoff Symposium. Newark, NJ. Sept, 2016.
- HKUST COMP5111 Fundamentals of Software Analysis, Spring 2020. Teaching Assistant.
- HKUST COMP5111 Fundamentals of Software Analysis, Spring 2019. Teaching Assistant.
- HKUST COMP3021 Java Programming, Fall 2018. Teaching Assistant.
- CityU EE3201 Signals and Systems, Fall 2016. Student Tutor
- Additional Reviewers within the Technical Track-track, ICSE'21
- Student Volunteer, ISSTA'19
- Volunteer of City-Youth Empowerment Project, CityU of HK, Fall 2016
Honors and Awards
- University of Waterloo, GO-Bell Scholarships, 2020.
- Microsoft Asia Cloud Research Software Fellow (CRSF) Awards, 2019.
- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme, Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong, Annually (September 2017- September 2020).
- Bronze Award and Innovative Idea Award, CityU EE Information Product Design Competition, May 2016.
- Dean’s List, College of Science and Engineering, CityU, 7 terms in 2013-2017.
- Mainland Student Scholarship, CityU, 2013-2017.
- Outstanding Student Prize, CityU EE, June 2014.
- Champion in Junior Group, CityU CS Programming , 2014.
I love video games.