Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Office: Room 3512 (via lifts 25, 26)
E-mail: shuaiw at cse.ust.hk
Shuai Wang is an Assistant Professor at CSE, HKUST since 2019. Prior to that, he
was a Postdoctoral Scholar in
the AST lab at ETH
Zurich. He received his Ph.D. from Penn State
University, and B.S. from Peking University.
I belong to both the Cybersecurity group and the Software Engineering and
Programming Languages group at HKUST.
My research focuses on Computer Security and Software Engineering.
Please consider submitting your work regarding AI + Software Testing/Program Analysis to AISTA 2021!
Current Team Members
- Zhibo Liu (2019 Fall)
- Huaijin Wang (2019 Fall)
- Pingchuan Ma (2020 Fall)
- Yuanyuan Yuan (2020 Fall)
- Wei Chen (2019 Fall)
- Lung Kun Hung (2019 Fall)
- Wong Wai Kin (2019 Fall)
- Qi Pang (2020 Fall)
- Yujie Wang (UG @ CSE HKUST). 2020-2021 Thesis: Privacy-Preserving Security Analysis. Ph.D. student @ Washington University in St. Louis.
- Xirui Nie (UG @ Fudan University). 2020 Summer intern on compiler & OS security projects.
- Reiff Loris (UG @ ETH Zurich, co-advised with Prof. Zhendong Su). Thesis: Context-Aware Obfuscation: A Step Towards Defeating Adversary Symbolic Analysis. Continued Masters study @ ETH Zurich.
- Nguyen Andy (UG @ ETH Zurich, co-advised with Prof. Zhendong Su). Thesis: Detecting Vulnerabilities in Real-World Software with Fuzz Testing. Information Security Engineer @ Google.
- SanRazor: Reducing Redundant Sanitizer Checks in C/C++ Programs.
Jiang Zhang, Shuai Wang, Manuel Rigger, Pingjia He, and Zhendong Su. OSDI 2021 (conditional accept)
- Perception Matters: Detecting Perception Failures of VQA Models Using Metamorphic Testing.
Yuanyuan Yuan, Shuai Wang, Mingyue Jiang, and Tsong Yueh Chen. CVPR 2021
- Private Image Reconstruction from System Side Channels Using Generative Models.
Yuanyuan Yuan, Shuai Wang, and Junping Zhang. ICLR 2021
- F2ED-Learning: Good Fences Make Good Neighbors.
Lun Wang, Qi Pang, Shuai Wang, and Dawn Song. SpicyFL 2020 at NeurIPS 2020
- Generating Effective Software Obfuscation Sequences with Reinforcement Learning.
Huaijin Wang, Shuai Wang, Dongpeng Xu, Xiangyu Zhang, and Xiao Liu. TDSC 2020. [preprint]
- Metamorphic Object Insertion for Testing Object Detection Systems.
Shuai Wang and Zhendong Su. ASE 2020. [preprint]
- Metamorphic Testing and Certified Mitigation of Fairness Violations in NLP Models.
Pingchuan Ma, Shuai Wang, and Jin Liu. IJCAI 2020.
- How Far We Have Come: Testing Decompilation Correctness of C Decompilers.
Zhibo Liu and Shuai Wang. ISSTA 2020.
- Quantitative Assessment on the Limitations of Code Randomization for Legacy Binaries.
Pei Wang, Jinquan Zhang, Shuai Wang, and Dinghao Wu. IEEE EuroS&P 2020.
- Detecting Nondeterministic Payment Bugs in Ethereum Smart Contracts.
Shuai Wang, Chengyu Zhang, and Zhendong Su. OOPSLA 2019.
- Identifying Cache-Based Side Channels through Secret-Augmented Abstract Interpretation.
Shuai Wang, Yuyan Bao, Xiao Liu, Pei Wang, Danfeng Zhang, and Dinghao Wu. USENIX Security 2019. [Extended Version]
- Automatic Grading of Programming Assignments: A Formal Semantics Based Approach.
Xiao Liu, Shuai Wang, Pei Wang, and Dinghao Wu. ICSE 2019, SEET Track.
- Large-Scale Third-party Library Detection in Android Markets.
Menghao Li, Pei Wang, Wei Wang, Shuai Wang, Dinghao Wu, Jian Liu, Rui Xue, Wei Huo and Wei Zou. TSE 2018.
- Software Protection on the Go: A Large-Scale Empirical Study on Mobile App Obfuscation.
Pei Wang, Qinkun Bao, Li Wang, Shuai Wang, Zhaofeng Chen, Tao Wei and Dinghao Wu. ICSE 2018.
- RedDroid: Android Application Redundancy Customization Based on Static Analysis.
Yufei Jiang, Qinkun Bao, Shuai Wang, Xiao Liu and Dinghao Wu. ISSRE 2018.
- Binary Code Retrofitting and Hardening Using SGX.
Shuai Wang, Wenhao Wang, Qinkun Bao, Pei Wang, XiaoFeng Wang, and Dinghao Wu. FEAST 2017, co-located with CCS 2017.
- In-Memory Fuzzing for Binary Code Similarity Analysis.
Shuai Wang and Dinghao Wu. ASE 2017.
- Turing Obfuscation.
Yan Wang, Shuai Wang, Pei Wang, and Dinghao Wu. SecureComm 2017.
- Lambda Obfuscation.
Pengwei Lan, Pei Wang, Shuai Wang, and Dinghao Wu. SecureComm 2017.
- Composite Software Diversification.
Shuai Wang, Pei Wang, and Dinghao Wu. ICSME 2017.
- Semantics-Aware Machine Learning for Function Recognition in Binary Code.
Shuai Wang, Pei Wang, and Dinghao Wu. ICSME 2017.
- CacheD: Identifying Cache-Based Timing Channels in Production Software.
Shuai Wang, Pei Wang, Xiao Liu, Danfeng Zhang, and Dinghao Wu. USENIX Security 2017.
- LibD: Scalable and Precise Third-party Library Detection in Android Markets.
Menghao Li, Wei Wang, Pei Wang, Shuai Wang, Dinghao Wu, Jian Liu, Rui Xue, and Wei Huo. ICSE 2017.
- From Physical to Cyber: Escalating Protection for Personalized Auto Insurance.
Le Guan, Jun Xu, Shuai Wang, Xinyu Xing, Lin Lin, Heqing Huang, Peng Liu, and Wenke Lee. SenSys 2016.
- Uroboros: Instrumenting Stripped Binaries with Static Reassembling.
Shuai Wang, Pei Wang, and Dinghao Wu. SANER 2016.
- Translingual Obfuscation.
Pei Wang, Shuai Wang, Jiang Ming, Yufei Jiang, and Dinghao Wu. EuroS&P 2016. [Extended Version]
- Reassembleable Disassembling.
Shuai Wang, Pei Wang, and Dinghao Wu. USENIX Security '15. [Code Release]